Application of low-level laser radiation with TiO2, Ag/TiO2 and S/TiO2 on Streptococcus salivarius isolated from the oral cavity
Curr Issues Pharm Med Sci., Vol. 27, No. 3, Pages 148-150
Panas Marta*, Baryliyak Adriana, Korniychuk Olena
Department of Microbiology Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv, Ukraine
In our research, we determine the effect of low-level laser irradiation with nanoparticles on Streptococcus salivarius. Photodynamic killing of periodontopathogenic bacteria may be an alternative to the systemic application of antibacterial drugs used in the treatment of periodontal diseases. The application of photosensitizing nanoparticles and their excitation by visible light of blue spectra enables effective killing of periodontopathogens. This data combined with the results demonstrates that TiO2, AgTiO2 and S/TiO2 can inhibit the proliferation of Streptococcus salivarius due to its high photocatalytic activity, which irreversibly damages the cell walls and membranes.
Streptococcus salivarius, oral cavity, low-level laser radiation, photodynamic treatment, nanoparticles
- Afkhami A., Madrakian T., Siampour H.: Flame atomic absorption spectrometric determinate of trace quantities of cadmium in water samples after could point extraction in Triton X – 114 without added chelating agents., J. Hazard. Mater., B138, 2006.
- Chen J., Teo K.C.: Determination of cadmium, copper, lead and zinc in water samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry after cloud point extraction., Anal. Chim. Acta, 450, 2001.
- De La Fuente M.A., Juárez M., Rapid determination of calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium in milk by flame atomic spectrometry after microwave oven digestion., Analyst 120, 1, 1995.
- Doroschuk V.O., et al.: Flame atomic absorption determination of manganese(II) in natural water after cloud point extraction., Talanta 64, 2004.
- Heldur H., et al.: Anodic stripping voltammetric determination of cadmium in whole human blood., Electroanal.,16, 5, 2004.
- Kozina S. A., Kushchevskaya N.F.: Inversion voltammetric determination of microconcentrations of Cd (II) and Zn (II) when they are jointly present in waters., J. Water Chem. and Tech., 30, 2008.
- Krawczyk M., Jeszka – Skowron M., Matusiewicz H.: Sequential multi-element determination of iron and zinc in water samples by high-resolution continuum source graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry after column solid-phase extraction onto multiwalled carbon nanotubes., Microchem. J., 17, 2014.
- Shah K.V., Kapupara P.K., Desai T.R.: Determination of sodium, potassium, calcium and lithium in Wheat Grass by flame photometry. J. Pharm. Sci., 2, 3, 2011.
- Shemirani F., Abkenar S.D., Jamali M.R.: Determination of cadmium(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) in water samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry after cloud point extraction., Indian J. Chem., Sect. A 44, 2005.
- Sowa I., et al.: Biofortification of Soy (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) with Strontium Ions., J. Agric. Food. Chem., 62, 23, 2014