Oxidizing modification of proteins in case of a burn injury in rats against the topical treatment with new wound healing prepara
Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Vol. 26, No. 4, Pages 372-375
Yaroslava Butko1, Oksana Tkacheva1, Tatyana Gorbach2
1 National University of Pharmacy, Kharkov, Ukraine
2 Kharkov National Medical University, Kharkov, Ukraine
A significant increase in the degree of the oxidizing modification of proteins in rats after the reproduction of the third-degree burns was established. In the course of the treatment, positive changes in aldehydephenylhydrazones and ketophenylhydrazones indices and their restoration to the level of the intact control were received, indicating the inactivation of free radical and peroxide compounds under the influence of wound healing preparations, as opposed to the animals that did not receive treatment. The further study of the influence of new wound healing drugs on the state of the antioxidant system and lipid peroxidation in order to establish their mechanisms of reparative action is promising.
Files to download
a burn injury, oxidizing modification of proteins, wound healing preparations
- Chechet O.Yu. et. al.: Effect of new derivatives of 3-hydroxypyridine on the process of lipid peroxida tion of proteins. STM, 2, 22-25, 2010.
- Dubinina E.E. (2006). Products of oxy gen me tabolism in the func tional activity of the cells (life and death, creation and destruction). Physiological and clinical and biochemical aspects. St. Petersburg: Medical Press; p. 400.
- Dubin ina E.E. et. al.: Oxidizing modification of proteins in human blood serum. Methods for its determination. Problems of Medical Chemistry, 41 (1), 24-26, 1995.
- Gerich I.D. (2000). Heat burns. D.A. Makar, V.S. Sa chin (editors). Lviv: Galician Association; p. 32.
- Makusheva M.A. et. al.: Products of lipid peroxidation and oxidizing modification of proteins – prog nos tic in di ces of dis ease out comes for pa tients with the can cer of the oral cav ity and pharynx. Si be rian Jour nal of On col ogy. 1, pp. 102-103, 2012.
- Moham med ZJ. et. al.: Al ter na tions in the lipid peroxidation and antioxidanting system following thermal in jury in the rats. Al-Mus tan syria J. of Science, 4, 41-43, 2004.
- Nagane N.S. et. al.: In creased free radical activity in burns/ Indian J. Med. Sci ence, 57, 7–11, 2003.
- Syrov V.N. et. al.: Ex peri men tal study of lip ids from the aerial parts of the po tato as a burn treat ing means. Chemical and Pharmacologi cal Jour nal, 4, 47-49, 1994.
- Tolstykh M.P. (2004). Healing of wounds with antioxidants. B.A. Akhmedov, A.R. Ataev, F.E. Shin et. al. (editors). Publishing house: Epoch; p. 172.