Disorders of purines and pyrimidines metabolism in human gastrointestinal tract cancer
Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Vol. 26, No. 4, Pages 369-371
Berta Borzenko, Elena Bakurova, Ksenia Mironova
M. Gorky Donetsk National Medical University , Department of Chemistry, Ukraine
Patients with cancer of stomach, colon cancer and rectum showed an increase in the thymidine kinase, 5'–nucleotidase of adenylate, adenosine deaminase activities and a decrease in the thymidine phosphorylase activity, which can cause DNA biosynthesis and increase of proliferation. The lymphocyte 5'–nucleotidase of adenylate, adenosine deaminase activities are associated with cellular dysfunction and can be used as a biochemical tests of it.
Files to download
cancer, thymidine phosphorylase, thymidine kinase, 5′-nucleotidase of AMP, adenosine deaminase, blood serum, lymphocytes
- Brockenbrough JS, Morihara JK, Hawes SE, et al. Thymidine kinase 1 and thymidine phosphorylase expression in non-small-cell lung carcinoma in relation to angiogenesis and proliferation. J Histochem Cytochem., 57 (11), 1087-97, 2009.
- Ode A, Schoon J, Kurtz A еt. аl.: CD73/5'-ecto-nucleotidase acts as a regulatory factor in osteo-/chondrogenic differentiation of mechanically stimulated mesenchymal stromal cells. Eur Cell Mater., 8, 25, 37-47, 2013.
- Sauer AV, Brigida I, Carriglio N. еt. аl.: Alterations in the adenosine metabolism and CD39/CD73 adenosinergic machinery cause loss of Treg cell function and autoimmunity in ADA-deficient SCID. Blood, 9, 119(6), 1428-1439, 2012
- Borzenko BG, Bakurova EM. Violation of the metabolism of DNA precursors in gastric mucosa as an indicator of likely malignancy ulcers of the body. Questions of Oncology (Russia, St. Petersburg), 54(2), 184-187, 2007. (In Russian)
- Lowry OH, Rosenbrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Proteins measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem., 193, 265-275, 1951.
- Borzenko B.G., Bakurova E.M., Popovich Yu.A. еt. аl.: Activity of thymidilate “salvage pathway” enzymes in human gastric cancer and blood serum: correlation with treatment modalities. Exp.Oncol, 35, 1, 37-40, 2013
- Kubiak R, Miszczak-Zaborska E, Smolarek M et al. The thymidine phosphorylase as the platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor of endometrial cancer. Ginekol Pol., 80(8), 596-601, 2009.
- Regateiro FS, Cobbold SP, Waldmann H. CD73 and adenosine generation in the creation of regulatory microenvironments. Clin Exp Immunol., 171(1), 1-7, 2013.