Polish pharmacy job market in opinion of pharmacists
Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Vol. 26, No. 2, Pages 231-234
MONIKA KOCHANIEC1*, MARIOLA DROZD2, JOLANTA SZYMAŃSKA3
1 Lubfarm S.A. Lublin, Poland
2 Department of Applied Pharmacy, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
3 Chair and Department of Pedodontics, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
For many years, the occupation of a pharmacist has been the profession, which ensured employment, and the period of seeking employment was not long. Those interested in this occupation may undertake education in the specialty of pharmacy at ten universities in Poland. Considering the wide scope of knowledge acquired by pharmacists during their studies, they are very well educated. Students at the faculties of pharmacy undertake an obligatory semi-annual apprenticeship in pharmacies, which after graduation results in obtaining the right to practice the occupation of a pharmacist, and is a passport to independent work in a phar macy. Those interested in further education have many educational possibilities: post-graduate studies and continuous improvement courses, which increase the knowledge and improve of qualifications. The objective of the study was identification of pharmacists’ opinions concerning the present pharmaceutical labour market in Poland. The research material was collected using an anonymous survey. The study was conducted during the period from September 2011 – January 2013, in a group of 504 respondents – Masters of Pharmacy employed in Polish community pharmacies. The analysis covered the period of seeking a job in this profession after graduation from university, number of changes of workplaces during occupational life as a pharmacist, and satisfaction with the occupation performed or lack thereof. The criteria of choosing this occupation and the attitude towards a phar macy as a workplace were also investigated.
pharmacist, pharmaceutical graduate education, trends of pharmacy
- Conference of Deans of Faculties of Pharmaceutical, Lublin, september 2011.
- Editorial Article: Dziekani solidaryzują się ze swoimi studentami. online: http://www.aptekarzpolski.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=60&Itemid=92, access: 2013-04-06, hours. 19.40.
- Editorial Article: Studia farmaceutyczne to dobry wybór. Online: http://www.aptekarzpolski.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=65&Itemid=98, access: 2013-04-04, hours. 20.40.
- Editorial Article: Zawody, po których pracy nie ma – ranking, online: http://www.kluczdokariery.pl/twoja-kariera/rynek-pracy/statystyki-i-rankingi/art,4,zawody-po-ktorych-pracy-nie-ma-ranking.html, access: 2013-04-04, hours. 21.00.
- Jakubiak L., Przeniosło P.: O prestiżu zawodu farmaceuty. Online: http://www.rynekzdrowia.pl/Rynek-Zdrowia/O-prestizu-zawodu-farmaceuty,52285,1.html, access: 2013-03-26, hours. 22.45; http://m.onet.pl/biznes/prasa,32eyn, access: 2013-04-06, hours. 20.10 .
- The Act of 06.09.2001 Prawo farmaceutyczne. Dz. U. 2008, nr 45, poz. 271 consolidated text.
- Themes and programs of courses to be implemented under the continuous training of pharmacists in the years 2012/2013, online: http://cmkp.edu.pl/farmacja/farmacja_kursy_propozycja_2012.htm , access: 2013-03-26, hours. 22.15.
- Websites Polish pharmaceutical faculties of medical universities.
- www.uczelnie.info.pl/index.php, access: 2013-03-26, hours. 22.00.